The principal shops were in Angelica, New York and St. Marys, Pennsylvania. The Angelica Shops were used mostly as car repairs and maintenance of way work with some repairs on motive power. Locomotives were maintained and repaired in St. Marys.
The same officers that put together the PS&N started building a route toward Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It was to operate from Brockway PA to Freeport, PA and was first known as the Brookville and Mahoning but the name was changed to the Pittsburg & Shawmut Railroad. It was under lease to the PS&N from 1906 to 1916. After 1916, the lease was terminated and the two companies operated separately.
The Pittsburg and Shawmut Railroad was also known as the Shawmut Line, operating passenger and freight service on its 88 miles of track until 2004.when it began operating as part of the Buffalo and Pittsburgh Railroad, which is owned by Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
There are no surviving P&S 2-8-2 "Mikado" type locomotives.
|Class||Qty.||Road Numbers||From Other RR||Year Acquired||Year Built||Builder||Notes|
|J-4||9||570-575, 577 & 579||Monon||1947-1949||1929||ALCO||3|